These were the words that simply set me free. Unbelievable, yet it happened.
I fell in love with this person. I fell so hard that I broke into tiny pieces -- so backbreaking just to realize how to make it whole again, to distinguish which is the alpha and which is the omega.
Not going into details of this life's chapter, we were not really together yet we had that special and mutual feelings. All of a sudden, this taste of heaven disappeared like a bubble floating in the air. Life became miserable. The worst I could say. No one knew how painful it was, neither the reason behind the tears that raced down my face. I was quiet. I carried my self-made burden all by myself. Well, I knew I should not live in this state of sorrow, so I tried my very best to turn to the next page of my life, abandoned all these things at the back of my mind, at the bottom of my heart; wherein no one, even I, can find it.
After around three years, I was already in college. Almost everything in my life changed - surroundings, friends, academics, activities, lifestyle. I even had a new prospect for love, I could say. The night I decided to formally start a relationship with him (yes, this time, a real boyfriend-girlfriend relationship), I failed to open up my heart. I was confused. "Why cannot I? It's mine", I hunted for answers.
I held my phone. Suddenly, it rang. I opened the message. Oh, 'twas the person who introduced me to Mr. Tormented N. Tornapart. Just greeting. Then we had a very short yet unforgettable and so precious conversion:
Me: Why did you leave me?
R: I'm sorry.
All the questions in my mind vanished. All the pains evanesced. All my confusions perished. I was in tears -- the last cry for pain and the first cry for freedom. Then I had a boyfriend.
Oh, by the way, all these happened almost five years ago.
(Just in case you are curious what happened to me and my boyfriend in this story, we ended our relationship four months and ten days after. But this time, the break up was so clear. Book was closed. We are good friends. As good as the first person mentioned in this blog.)
Love is a word that has no exact meaning. It brings people to the summit of every emotion. It does magic and a lot more unbelievable things, things beyond one could imagine. It is a four-letter word included in infinite stories. And it is just one word yet can give an individual the worst feeling ever (I mean, worse than the worst); not knowing that the only cureis another one simple word............
SORRY (with a true blue heart).
No comments:
Post a Comment