I went home from my aunt's house. It took me long time to pick which bus I was going to ride - the economical one knowing that I only had little amount of money in my pocket. After more than 30 minutes of waiting, I still had to ride on an airconditioned bus wherein I have to pay Php 45.00 for fare. I enjoyed my travel while watching a very nice movie. On one of the bus stops, my surrounding and emotion suddenly changed.
A young lady carrying a baby (less than one year old) and a little girl (four years old I think) rode on the bus. I was sitting on the 2nd row, a seat for three. She tried to sit on the first row, a seat for two. The driver noticed the lady and told her to transfer on other seats because it could be dangerous for them to sit on the first row. To show that I wanted them to sit beside me and since I was still alone on my seat, I moved a little (away from the window) and gave them space to walk in. They sat beside me.....while the tears were resting on the eyes of the lady.
I was stunned.
I immediately grabbed my phone and sent message to my friends saying, "I feel like crying because of this lady and her children sitting beside me." For a moment, I tried to observe but not letting her notice for I might scare her. They were a dirty. They don't smell good. The lady, though she already has two children (I assumed), she still look so young. They were carrying a backpack and a plastic bag where milk bottles were placed. The little girl has so big wound on her neck and a bit on her face (seems that hot water has been poured on her).
Then I said to myself, "Why do we have to ride on one bus...... hmm.. I think something's gonna happen."
Then I said to myself, "Why do we have to ride on one bus...... hmm.. I think something's gonna happen."
The bus conductor approached and asked for her payment. She handed out Php 60.00 but only gave the conductor Php 40.00. The conductor asked for Php 5.00. As the lady gave the other Php 20.00 she had, I looked at her and realized that's the only money she has. Again, I spoke to myself, "Lord, tell me what shall I do."
The clouds were dark but the rain won't show. I was quietly thinking and planning. I observed her again and she was innocently looking outside the bus, still, carrying those tears on her eyes. After few minutes, she asked me, "Where is this bus headed?". I was surprised. Does she know where she's going? That assured me that something happened to her earlier that day and something should happen to us later.
When we arrived at Alabang at the first bus stop, many people went down. I was supposed to go down the next bus stop and I know that they were supposed to go down there too. I asked her, "Where are you going?". She answered, "Muntinlupa". They were in the right direction.
Going home, I ride a bus, then a jeepney then it's an option for me to walk 'til I reach home or ride on a tricycle. I went back on my planning, looked at my pocket and saw Php 40.00. "If we are going to same direction, then I will pay for their fare at the jeepney."
"Where in Muntinlupa are you going?"
"Ilaya Alabang", she said. Oh. I got the wrong plan. We were not going on one direction. And I wasn't even sure where that place is though I got an idea how to reach that place.
As we went down the bus, I took the little girl and held her hands. People were staring at us. Not because of my clothes - I was only wearing a shirt and a shorts - but because of the child I was holding - she was barefooted. The conductor asked me, "Is she your daughter". I laughed and said no. "You're not with them?", he asked again. "Nope. I saw them on the bus", I answered.
When we were on the roadside, I asked the lady who was looking around and seemed lost, "Do you know where you're going?" She ignored me. I did not know what to do. I was about to go. I already took three steps away from them but I turned around and asked her the same question. Still, she did not answer me. I said, "I think you should ride a tricycle to reach that place".
"I already have no money", softly whispered.
"I already have no money", softly whispered.
Well I already had planned to pay for their fare but I did not tell her. We crossed a road and approached two cops. I asked them for directions. One of the cops said, "Your were not with them? I thought she was your daughter". I laughed again and said I just met them on the bus.
With the little girl's unshod feet, we continuously walked along the streets and looked for a tricycle. After crossing again another road, I saw a tricycle driver. I asked the man if he knew the place. He said yes and told me that we have to pay Php 50.00 for a ride. I looked at my money and counted, then said to the man, "Could I just pay Php 40.00?" He agreed and let the lady and the children rode on his tricycle. To his surprise, I did not ride. He asked me, "Your were not with them?" Then I told him that I only met them on the bus. He asked me to just come with them because it seemed they did not know where they were going.
The first thing that came into my mind is "money". I already gave him all my money and if I go with them, I have to pay him again for bringing me back to where I am standing. So I just said, "I'm sorry but I am headed to the opposite direction. Just please bring them home. Thank you very much." I looked at the lady and her children, waved my hand, smiled and said "Take care!". She was speechless. She never said a word. But I know deep inside that she was greatful. ^^.)
So... hmm.. I went home walking. That wasn't that far. I walked a bit fast, took no rest, and reached our house 45 minutes later. I was really really really tired and my feet were already aching but it was all worth it. I prayed they reached home safe and sound, and no matter what happened to them earlier that they, God will bless them and He will be their Provider.
I open my Facebook and made a status,
"i feel more blessed to be a channel of blessings for other people. God bless the mother and her two children."
"i feel more blessed to be a channel of blessings for other people. God bless the mother and her two children."
No comments:
Post a Comment